- Flat rice noodles
- 2 cups Beef Style Liquid Stock
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce to taste
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs fish stock
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup coriander
- 1/4 cup fresh Thai basil
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 200 g roast beef, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- Soften noodles in a bowl of boiling water, as per packet directions.
- In a saucepan, heat consomme or stock with 1 cup of water, add ginger, chilli sauce, spring onions, fish sauce and lime juice, and simmer until spring onions have softened.
- Divide noodles, bean sprouts, sliced beef and herbs between two bowls, then ladle over the broth and serve.
- Use beef stock or consomme. I also use leftover steak, or shaved roast beef from the butcher to make this a quick dinner. Works with lean cuts of beef, chicken, and pork.
- Broth is the liquid that remains after meat, seafood, or vegetables have been cooked in water. It may be served alone or used as the base for a light soup. … Consomme is a clear liquid that results from clarifying homemade stock. This is usually done with egg whites.