I hate ads. If there is an option to not see them, I am all about that. So while I was browsing Slickdeals for the latest way to lose my money, I came across a great deal. It would be selfish of me to not share this with you dear listeners.
Over the holidays Stacksocial was running a great deal on the Adguard DNS App. The individual lifetime plan cost $11 and the family plan cost $16.50 Use Promo Code: ADSSAVE
About the AdGuard App
- Eliminate banners, pop-ups, videos ad and more
- Stash away your data from a multitude of trackers/activity that surfaces on the web
- Avoid fraudulent & phishing websites/malware attacks
- Control access to inappropriate & adult content
It installs a root extension on your Mac and lets you block HTTPS adds. It basically does SSL inspection to help its ad blocking process.
It also blocks YouTube ads which are the bane of my existence.
Here is how you do it on Android:
- Open YouTube app and start the video you want to watch.
- Tap on the Share button and select AdGuard for Android from the list of apps.
That’s it! A new window with the video will open where you’ll be able to watch it without being interrupted by ads.
This is the interface in action.
I think you are going to really like this app. Links are included in the show notes.