- Sandwich bread of your choice (Sourdough works great)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Sliced turkey
- Apple slices
- Thin red onion slices
- Spicy Cranberry Salsa (Optional)
- Perfectly cooked bacon
- Crisp lettuce
Ingredients: Spicy Cranberry Salsa
- 2 cups leftover cranberry sauce or 1 (14-oz.) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Step 1
BUILD IT: Assemble the masterpiece.
- Step 2
- Spread mayonnaise on 1 slice of bread
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. (Seasoning sticks to the mayonnaise!)
- Layer turkey, apple slices, and red onion on bread.
- Spoon on cranberry salsa.
- Top with bacon and lettuce, and crown with another slice of bread.